Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Marshall Kirkpatrick, Technology Journalist » Why I’ll Never Redirect my Personal Blog to Google Plus

A timely blogging reality check (via Louis Gray, via Google Buzz); check the post link below for more details

A number of prominent web personalities have announced that they are going to redirect their personal blogs to their Google Plus pages – because they get so much more interaction with readers when they post there. I can understand that, but I’ll never do that with my blog. I have 3 times as many connections on Circles as I have RSS and email subscribers here (in 2 weeks, vs 5 or 6 years!) – but I’m not tempted in the slightest to give up what I have here. Perhaps it’s just about trade-offs and I’m not willing to give up the control I have over the way my personal site communicates with visitors.

Marshall Kirkpatrick, Technology Journalist » Why I’ll Never Redirect my Personal Blog to Google Plus

No comments: